Without further ado, let me update you on the dissertation. In my last post, I shared the outstanding talk I had with Dr. Osler, the faculty member who works on the floor beneath me. All I know is that he must have been heaven sent because his message was exactly what I needed to hear.
In line with something my sister told me recently, Dr. Osler confirmed her point that I am not tied to the Boy Scouts as my organization. In fact, I can go back to my first choice and talk about Kappa Alpha Psi. That's like music to my ears because I know that I can really make a difference. That's the point, he said.
In the coming week, I need to complete the following assignments for chapter 2:
- History of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Describe the organizational structure of the fraternity
- Discuss the organizational indoctrination process
- Discuss organizational commitment and include sections on affective, continuance, and normative commitment
- Summarize chapter two
- Submit the measurement tool for organizational commitment to Dr. Osler for review
That's it, that's where I'll focus my effort over the next 7 days. It sounds easy enough. I'm just glad to know that I finally have some real direction and constraints. If left to my own devices, I'd be researching forever.
Until next time...