Sunday, October 14, 2012

C3 Church Live Blog: Destiny - The Purity Challenge



Speaker: Pastor Matt Fry

We are in a series called Destiny. How do you go from your dreams to your destiny? What challenges will you face? Pastor Matt uses Joseph to help deliver this message.

Genesis 39:5-18 (NLT)

As Joseph is pursuing his destiny, he is faced with the purity challenge. Remember, he was sold as a slave and was working in Potiphar's house. Everything he touched was successful. The only thing he couldn't have was Potiphar's wife.

Everyone, no matter if you are a man or woman, will be faced with this challenge. We need to live a life of integrity.

Be Faithful in the Little Things


Joseph was faithful with everything that was given to him. This also means NOT taking what was not his.

Luke 16:10 (NASB)

Many of us want to do BIG things, but we need to start where we are. That may mean doing the smaller things, first.

Pastor Matt talks about a man who came from Ethiopia to work at the University. He started off cleaning toilets, but later became the president. He was faithful in little and was later given much.

When we are faithful and thankful for what God has given us, this helps identify us as a candidate for more.

Be Faithful When No One Is Looking


What difference does it make what I do in private? The Bible is clear about what we do in private, it all impacts our lives.


Aren't you glad that God is an awesome God? 

We see the word SIN and INIQUITY? What is the difference? The word SIN is to "miss the mark." Sin is an outward movement. Iniquity is the inner motivation. Sin is what you see on the outside. Iniquity deals with the heart. 

Your children will not inherit your sin, but they WILL inherit your iniquity (what is in your heart). Sin is the action and iniquity is the attitude (the hidden things). We must guard our heart even when nobody is looking?


Whatever you do in the private shows up in public. 

Just because you fail the purity challenge doesn't mean you won't experience your destiny. It may just mean that it's delayed or slightly changed. 

The Devil is like a roaring lion. He is going to hunt you down day after day. When we are alone, the Devil wants to spend time with you. So does God. So protect your private time.

How do we protect ourselves? We do so through discipline. 

Set boundaries around yourself WAY ahead of a situation. All it takes is one action to put us back in the pit.

With God you can have victory over the flesh.

Be Careful Where You Look




Be careful what you watch on television and the Internet.

If you haven't noticed, men and women are very different. Matt is happy that Martha doesn't look like him (crowd laughs). There are certain things that don't make sense. Why do women go to the bathroom together.

Men are attracted by sight. Women are not so much. We need to understand that difference. Men are like microwaves and women are like crock pots.

The eyes lead us to the heart. 


That's why pornography can mess people up. Everyone of us deals with some kind of lust. 90% of men say they struggle with lust. The other 10% struggle with lying about their lust (crowd laughs).

Love is NOT lust. 

Looking leads to longing, longing leads to lust, and lust always leads to destruction. 

Pastor Matt talks about some other ministers and the challenges they face. What should we do to avoid those temptations?

Run From Evil And Run To God


Joseph ran from Potipher's wife. Sometimes walking is not fast enough. 

Run to God. He will not condemn you, but he is a God of love and forgiveness. 


Jesus is greater than any obstacle that you may ever face. You may say, "Pastor, you just don't understand." No, Jesus can help you get a fresh start. 


You may think you're the only one dealing with that issue, but you're not. We all struggle with the common issues. 

When you feel like you're in the pit, turn to God. He will always provide a way out. 

We need each other and we need God. This is the only way we can overcome the purity challenge.


He was bruised on the outside for our sins BUT he was also bruised on the inside for our iniquities. He solved all of our problems while on the cross.

Do You Need A Fresh Start?



If you need hope or help. God wants you to know that he loves you. Jesus died and rose from the grave. If you would like to know Jesus as your savior then pray this prayer.
Dear God, I realize I've sinned and I need you. Thank you for dying on the cross and rising from the grave. Come in to my heart and save me. Thank you for giving me eternal and abundant life. Help me to live for you, for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.
To share your story, want more information about next steps, or just in need of prayer, please contact Pastor Matt Fry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Damond L. Nollan, M.B.A.

Toll-free: (919) 912-9121
E-mail: Contact Me

Find Me Online



Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.