A few weeks back, I was introduced to a new game based entirely on social networking. The game, "Empire Avenue," allows players to buy and sell shares of stock in people. As you can see in the image above, my current value is set at 40.79 eaves (or "e" for short).
Each day, the system determines the share value for each person based upon their activity online. Individuals that seek to increase their value need only to increase their social networking activity. More specifically, players should continue to write blogs, tweet, post updates on Facebook, comment on YouTube videos, and engage with connections on LinkedIn, to name a few. With each interaction, Empire Avenue determines your ever changing score.
Like the ebb and flow of the real life stock market, an individual's share value can go up and down based upon their online activity and overall reputation. The more people buy shares, the more valuable those shares become.
One benefit of playing Empire Avenue is the immediate desire to do better within your social networks. By interacting more often, as well as posting quality content, users are rewarded with comments, re-tweets, likes, and shares. The more this happens, the higher the score. It's really a win-win situation.
Additional benefits of playing the game include connecting with other active socialites and networking both in and out of your industry.
Before I end this article, let me leave you with a few tips on how to increase your share price and net wealth.
- Be Active: Clearly, the name of the game is increasing value by being valuable. As with earning followers and friends, post good content and engage often with connections.
- Buy Active Users: Active users increase wealth by the very nature of their behavior. Therefore, do a little research and find out which of your friends are posting on Twitter, writing blogs, sharing pictures, and updating Facebook. These individuals are good candidates for purchase.
- Engage Online Friends: As with any good game, playing with friends is always a plus. In Empire Avenue, the more friends who buy your stock, the more valuable you become. Let's not forget, you also earn eaves for the referral.
- Connect All Social Networks: Empire Avenue is a game based on social networks. As a result, get the maximum credit for your activity by connecting all the sites you can. As of this article, you can connect Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, Facebook pages, and blogs.
So far, these few tips have served me well. Over the past few weeks, I have moved from 21 eaves to over 40. If I can do it, so can you.
If you're interested in playing, come check me out at http://www.empireavenue.com/DLN or sign-up now. While you're there, why not buy a few shares and leave me a shout!
Until next time...
Until next time...
Are you playing Empire Avenue? If so, what are some tips that are serving you well? If you're new to the game, what questions do you have? Wherever you are in the game, leave me a comment in the section below.
Other Stories On Empire Avenue You May Like
- Empire Avenue: Should I Stop Upgrading Shares To Increase Dividends?
- Empire Avenue: How To Increase Your Share Price [Image]
- How To Increase Your Empire Avenue Activity Score
- Empire Avenue: How To Increase Your Wealth [Image]
- Understanding Your Empire Avenue Share Price
- What Empire Avenue Taught Me About Generosity
- Empire Avenue Presents 'Room 3026 Live' With A Limited Achievement
- Aaron K. White, Digital Alchemist from Empire Avenue, Talks With Room 3026 Live
- Show Notes for Room 3026 Live (Ep. 265) [Interview with Chris Pirillo, Laurie DesAutels, and Adriel Hampton]
- Empire Avenue To Unveil New Design And Seeks To Become Your Social Media Rocket Fuel